The 8th ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Dialogue was held in Kuala Lumpur from 6 to 8 December 2015. The AANZ Dialogue brought together key academics, economists, security analysts, business people, and diplomats to provide an opportunity for Australia and New Zealand to engage with their ASEAN counterparts on key regional issues.
Discussion topics this year included regional security architecture, irregular migration, regional maritime security, strategic economic initiatives, and countering violent extremism.
Asialink sponsors and leads for Australia the annual ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Dialogue, convened by the Institute of Strategic and International Studies Malaysia (ISIS-Malaysia) in partnership with the Asia New Zealand Foundation. The Dialogues are informal meetings among the ASEAN states, Australia and New Zealand focused around major issues in the region, and the roles that this group can play in their resolution.
The AANZ Dialogues are a valuable component of Asialink's Track II Diplomacy work.
The ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Dialogue is invitation only.
Read reports from the AANZ Dialogue archive:
- 2014 Report – 18-20 November, 2014, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- 2012 Report – 4-6 December, 2012, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- 2011 Report – 4-6 December, 2011, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- 2010 Report – 28-30 November, 2010, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- 2009 Report – 8-9 December, 2009, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- 2008 Report – 5-6 December, 2008, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia