The Victorian Young Leaders: Global Youth Forum – Post-Forum Event
The Victorian Young Leaders: Global Youth Forum is an interactive three-part learning program designed to deepen students’ understanding of what it means to be a global citizen.
Enabling students to interact with different global perspectives and apply their knowledge and skills to solve problems in real world situations is an essential step in building their capabilities to be active and informed global citizens.
Drawing on the themes of global citizenship, identity and purpose, in this active learner-centred program, students will be asked to identify an issue that impacts them or their school community to address.
Throughout the forum they will hear from experts, explore and create vignettes capturing stories across the Asia-Pacific, critically examine global citizenship and debate with their peers issues facing education and schooling in the current global context.
As a participant of the program, students will engage in and contribute to three online components.
- Pre Forum Event: A live conference incorporating a vignette writing workshop, keynote delivered by Ruby Bourke, panel of international students, second generation migrants, diaspora members and an opportunity to connect with students overseas.
- Online Forum: A full-day event where students will be led through a series of online and offline activities to collaboratively explore themes of Globalization, Global Citizenship and Identity and Purpose. These online forums will be opened by young Australian Jahin Tanvir.
- Post Forum Event: A final showcase where students will present and receive feedback on their proposed solutions or initiatives to support the development of education in the global context.
- Pre-Forum Event: 11.00 am - 3.30 pm, Thursday 21 October, 2021
- Online Forum:
Forum 1: 9.00 am - 3.30 pm, Tuesday 26 October, 2021
Forum 2: 9.00 am - 3.30 pm, Friday 29 October, 2021
Forum 3: 9.00 am - 3.30 pm, Thursday 4 November, 2021
- Post-Forum Event: 12.00 pm - 3.30 pm, Friday 19 November, 2021
Registrations close October 11, 2021.
For more information, please visit the Asia Education Foundation site.
The Victorian Young Leaders: Global Youth Forum is funded by the Victorian Department of Education and Training and implemented by the Asia Education Foundation at Asialink, The University of Melbourne in partnership with High Resolves.