State of the Nation: ASEAN (Sydney)
State of the Nation: ASEAN
ASEAN’s sophisticated consumer: opportunities for Australia
Date: Wednesday 17 May 2017
Time: 6.00pm for a 6.30pm start to 8:00pm
Location: PwC, One International, Towers Sydney, Watermans Quay, Barangaroo NSW 2000
With a population of more than 600 million and a collective GDP of $US2.5 trillion, the Association of South East Asian Nations now attracts more global foreign direct investment than China in markets beyond the traditional focus on Singapore and Malaysia. Over 67 million households in ASEAN now have high enough income levels that enable them to make significant discretionary purchases and according to McKinsey, this number is expected to double by 2025. However, there is no typical consumer, given the broad demographic diversity across ASEAN’s member states including in age, language, religion and tastes and preferences. There are numerous opportunities for Australian businesses to succeed in the rapidly changing landscape.
- How can Australia meet the demands of Southeast Asia’s increasingly sophisticated consumer?
- How will ASEAN’s growing economic power balance the competing US and China strategic interests in the region – and what does this mean for Australia?
- What does regional integration under the new ASEAN Economic Community mean for Australia and Australian businesses?
The expert panellists will discuss the opportunities for Australian service providers to support the rapid development of physical, digital and intellectual infrastructure needed for the booming consumption amongst our northern neighbours.
- Sue Ann Khoo, Partner, PwC
- Nigel Russell, Executive Chairman, Australian International School, Vietnam
- Elena Kirillova, State Director NSW, Australian Trade and Investment Commission
- Najib Lawand, Director, Export Connect.
This event will be moderated by Alan Morrell, Head of Partnerships and Development, NSW, Asialink Business
We hope you are able to join us for this series. To book, click here.
Asialink Corporate Member/ Chairman’s Circle/ Leaders Program Alumni - $33.00
Non Member: $55.00
Registrations close Friday 12 May 2017.
For further information please contact Maeve Wood on 03 9035 8527 or email@example.com.
This event is proudly supported by PwC.