Global Goals Youth Forum (Perth)
The Global Goals Youth Forum is a new full-day program designed to build their global competencies including their critical and creative thinking skills, knowledge of global issues and their ability to problem solve.
The United Nations (UN) Global Goals for Sustainable Development were adopted on September 25th 2015 by world leaders gathered at a special United Nations summit. Over the next 15 years, these Goals aim to end all forms of poverty, fight inequalities and tackle climate change.
The Global Goals Youth Forum provides a dynamic platform for students to think about and share their ideas to solve the global challenges that will most affect them into the future.
Before the forum, teachers are provided with materials to guide research into the UN goals.
On the day, students will engage in the following three sessions:
- Ignite - Students have the opportunity to interact with expert speakers on global issues that impact their local community
- Design - A highly skilled facilitator will guide collaboration between students as they develop innovative solutions to these issues through structured design thinking
- Pitch - Students present their 'big ideas' to realise one of the goals Teachers are provided with a report of key outcomes after the forum.
Teachers are provided with a report of key outcomes after the forum.
As a result of their participation students will:
- develop deeper awareness and understanding of the UN Global Goals
- build global competencies such as knowledge of global issues, intercultural understanding and critical and creative thinking
- appreciate and understand what it means to be an active local and global citizen
- understand the connections between what they learn in class and future education and career pathways
There are 10 half-subsidised places available for government school students to take part in this program.
For more information about this event or to host one in your school community please contact email@example.com or (03) 8344 3590.