Asialink Business in collaboration with industry leader Toll Group is pleased to launch a new report on the Future of Regional Supply Chains.
The launch will feature:
- Tarandeep Singh Ahuja, Chair of the Asialink Business Advisory Council and Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Thomas Knudsen, Managing Director, Toll Group
- Kelli Eaton, General Manager Transport and International Operations, Super Retail Group
- Andrew Brightmore, Executive Director, Foodbuy Australia
- Rajeev Sood, Senior Vice President, Southeast Asia and India, Toll Group
The report draws on original research, survey data, industry consultations and expert insights to unpack the key trends affecting supply chains in Asia and their implications for business and government, including:
- Sustainability – how should businesses and government respond to growing consumer concerns around ethical and environmental sustainability?
- E-commerce – how are rapidly evolving consumer trends in Asia changing how businesses work with distributors and suppliers?
- Resilience – are onshoring and near-shoring as a result of geopolitical tensions and COVID-19 temporary or here to stay?
- Technology – how will business and consumers across Australia and the Asia Pacific be affected by adoption of new technologies in the region?
We look forward to you joining us for this event.
About the Speakers
Tarandeep Singh Ahuja, Chair of the Asialink Business Advisory Council and Partner, McKinsey & Company
Mr. Tarandeep Singh Ahuja leads McKinsey’s product development and procurement work across the Indo–Pacific region and the firm’s energy work in Australia and New Zealand. He has extensive experience in strategy, procurement and supply chain, operations, and large scale performance transformations across industries.
Thomas Knudsen, Managing Director, Toll Group
Thomas Knudsen became Managing Director at Toll Group on 1 January 2020, after serving for two years as Toll’s President of Global Forwarding. At Toll, Thomas is leading an ambitious strategy to transform Toll into one of Asia Pacific’s leading transport and supply chain companies.
Thomas is a senior executive with a global logistics career spanning more than 25 years. Thomas has held executive leadership, commercial, trade and route management roles in the Middle East, North America, Europe and Asia. Prior to joining Toll, Thomas was CEO, Asia Pacific at global logistics leader, Damco. Based in Singapore, he was responsible for the company’s day-to-day business operations for the Asia region, with more than 5000 colleagues in a region stretching from Japan to Myanmar. Prior to joining Damco, Thomas spent two decades with A.P. Moller – Maersk. In his most recent role there, Thomas was the Asia Pacific Regional CEO for Maersk Line. In this role, he led all commercial activities across the region and was a member of Maersk’s global leadership team.
Thomas holds an Executive Master of Management degree in Supply Chain from IE Business School, Madrid, Spain. Thomas has completed a number of executive programs at Harvard Business School, INSEAD and Cranfield. Originally from Denmark, Thomas is today based in Singapore where he has lived since 2010.
Kelli Eaton, General Manager Transport and International Operations, Super Retail Group
Kelli has more than 25 years’ Supply Chain leadership and operational experience across sectors including Manufacturing, Logistics, Mining and Retail. Kelli has also successfully led Supply Chain Transformation programs spanning Africa, South America, Asia and Australia.
In her current role, Kelli is accountable for the International Shipping, Freight Forwarding, Customs and Inbound Scheduling for all Imported and Locally Purchased Inventory. In addition to this, Kelli also oversees all Domestic Transport activities from each Distribution Centre to all Super Retail Group Stores across Australia and New Zealand.
Supported by a motivated, capable and accountable management team, Kelli has been able to navigate the Global Shipping crisis through FY21 and set up risk mitigation strategies for FY22.