Australia-Asia BRIDGE School Partnership Program
The Australia-Asia BRIDGE School Partnership Program includes reciprocal visits for teachers in both countries to visit their partner schools and learn first-hand about each others’ culture, community and school class.
Asian language ability is not a requirement to take part in this program, although it can offer added learning outcomes.
Through pre-departure training, online and face-to-face professional learning in Australia and abroad, educators will develop:
- a deep knowledge and understanding of the diverse cultures of their partner country
- intercultural understanding and an understanding of how to implement it in the Australian Curriculum;
- new approaches to using digital technologies in the classroom to enable global collaboration;
- establish an international school partnership that will provide unique student learning opportunities; and
- contribute to a community of learners across ASEAN member states.
In 2018, teachers from across Asia will be invited to travel to Canberra, Australia to take part in a professional learning program with their sister school representatives from across Australia to explore the new partner relationships and how to plan for sustainable school partnerships through intercultural understanding and the use of new technologies in teaching and learning.
Both the Australian and Asian country home-stay visits for all BRIDGE teachers are designed to develop and share professional best practice and provide opportunities such as:
- partnership planning
- classroom observation
- team teaching
- participation at staff meetings
- curriculum team meetings
- parental engagement
- school excursions
- incursions for teachers to form an understanding of their partner countries education context
Depending on the program, Australian teachers will also be given the opportunity to visit their sister school.
Applications close 5pm, 31 October 2017.
Should you have any enquires, please contact email@example.com or call +61 3 8344 4800 to speak with a member of our BRIDGE team.