Asia Business Events Series: Tapping into international education opportunities
Asialink Business in collaboration with the City of Sydney are delighted to present a three-part Asia Business Events Series which aims to equip Sydney-based SMEs with key insights and capabilities to explore business opportunities in Asia, with the aim to support their economic recovery and future growth plans. Through expert advice and guidance, Sydney SME’s will have the opportunity to participate in three interactive online events including:
- Tapping into international education opportunities – Tuesday 30 March 2021, 12.00-1.30pm (AEDT)
- Capitalising on e-commerce opportunities in Southeast Asia – Tuesday 20 April 2021, 1.00-3.00pm (AEST)
- Trade diversification and how to succeed in Asian markets – Tuesday 25 May 2021, 12.00-1.15pm (AEST)
Further details for event 2 and event 3 will be released soon.
Tapping into international education opportunities – what the landscape means for Sydney-based international education providers
The timing of when international students can return to Sydney continues to remain unknown which is creating challenges for the City’s international education sector to sustain business operations and stimulate growth.
This event will explore what it means for Sydney-based SMEs directly engaged in the international education sector. This includes their delivery to students both onshore and offshore and how they can expand their business into and with Asia. The event will investigate how they can capitalise on other domestic opportunities presented to them to support their post-COVID-19 recovery including supporting international students in City of Sydney.
The in-conversation will focus on:
- Discuss Sydney SME's delivery to students both onshore and offshore and how they can expand their business into and with Asia
- Investigate how Sydney SMEs can capitalise on domestic opportunities presented to them to support their post-COVID-19 recovery including supporting international students in City of Sydney
- Exploring practical case studies of education providers (including edutech) who have successfully leveraged their soft power assets for opportunities both domestically and in Asia
- Leveraging the Asian diaspora and supporting international students in City of Sydney
- Developing an understanding of the FTA and agreement landscape, such as the Digital Economy Agreement, IA-CEPA and RCEP to support international education SME’s with expansion into Asia
Our expert panelists are:
Peter Mackey – Director, Education Trade, NSW Treasury;
Suan Yeo – Head of Education, Australia and New Zealand, Google;
Shi-Shi Truong – Director, Customer Success, Practera.
Further speakers to be announced.
This event will be moderated by Hamish Curry – Executive Director, Asia Education Foundation, Asialink; and opening remarks from Councillor Kok – City of Sydney.