The AANZ Dialogue brings together key academics, economists, security analysts, business people, and diplomats to provide an opportunity for Australia and New Zealand to engage with their ASEAN counterparts on key regional issues.
Discussion topics typically include regional security architecture, irregular migration, regional maritime security, strategic economic initiatives, and countering violent extremism.
Asialink sponsors and leads for Australia the annual ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Dialogue, convened by the Institute of Strategic and International Studies Malaysia (ISIS-Malaysia) in partnership with the Asia New Zealand Foundation. The Dialogues are informal meetings among the ASEAN states, Australia and New Zealand focused around major issues in the region, and the roles that this group can play in their resolution.
The AANZ Dialogues are a valuable component of Asialink's Track II Diplomacy.
The ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Dialogue is invitation only.
Read reports from the AANZ Dialogue archive:
- 2022 Report - 10 March, 2022, Online via Zoom Webinar
- 2021 Special Edition on Myanmar – 11 May, 2021, Online via Zoom Webinar
- 2020 Report – 7 December, 2020, Online via Zoom Webinar
- 2019 Report – 22-24 September, 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2018 Report – 21-23 October, 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2017 Report – 19-20 November, 2017, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2014 Report – 18-20 November, 2014, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2012 Report – 4-6 December, 2012, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2011 Report – 4-6 December, 2011, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2010 Report – 28-30 November, 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2009 Report – 8-9 December, 2009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2008 Report – 5-6 December, 2008, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia