ABOUT ASIALINK ARTS
Asialink Arts elevates the agency and capability of the Australian arts sector to engage with Asia through sharing insights, creating connections, and building capability.
We work as a cultural enabler, capacity builder, and conduit to the Indo-Pacific region for Australian artists and institutions. Asialink Arts collaborates across the Asialink Group, accessing skills and knowledge that spans diplomacy, business, and education.
Over the past year Asialink Arts has critically examined its impact, and refocused ambition and capacity to meet the demands of a rapidly changing region and diverse arts sector.
Asialink Arts’ new facilitation model is responsive and agile, shepherding introductions, growing connections, fostering institutional partnerships, connecting artists and arts institutions to opportunities, and creating platforms for exchange.
Our new strategies include a shift from outbound residencies towards mutual exchange and partnerships based on reciprocity. We also proactively analyse barriers to engagement, and convene forums that bring cross-sectoral stakeholders together to identify practical, cooperative action to create new opportunities. Through our arts based diplomacy, thought leadership and advocacy work we are committed to measurably enhancing the agency of Australian artists and institutions to achieve their respective priorities for engagement with the Asia-Pacific.
- Amplify artistic perspectives in cross-sector dialogues and initiatives.
- Influence policy and public discourse on issues of importance in the region.
- Cultivate nuanced public understanding of challenges across the region.
PARTNERSHIPS AND EXCHANGE
- Catalyse and support creative and long-lasting institution-to-institution and people-to-people collaborations and partnerships.
- Emphasise mutual exchange, relationship development, capacity building, and innovation.
- Expand access to audiences and markets for Australian and Asian artistic endeavours.
- Build the capability of Australian artists and creative industries to capitalise on business development opportunities in the region.
Annual Reports and Partnerships
Read about the work and achievements of Asialink Arts in our annual reports.
As a not-for-profit mission-led entity, Asialink Arts relies on a range of government and private sector partnerships. Contact us to discuss how we can work together.
The Asialink group
Find out about the work of Asialink across business, diplomacy and education.
Follow us on social media
Asialink Arts is headquartered at The University of Melbourne's Sidney Myer Asia Centre (Building 158).