The Future of Trade: Are we ready? (Melbourne)
The Future of Trade: Are we ready?Date:Thursday 30 March 2017
Time:5.30pm for a 6.00pm start to 9.30pm
Venue: Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand, Level 18, 600 Bourke Street, Melbourne
The evening will commence with a panel in Melbourne including:
- Jess Mizrahi, Manager, Deloitte Access Economics
- Tim Carroll, State Director Victoria, The Australian Trade and Investment Commission
Further panellists to be announced.
The panel discussion will be followed by a live Webcast to Canberra.
Globalisation, technology and policy are key factors influencing the direction and nature of trade in the future. Trade is an important contributor to our economic prosperity and these changing patterns are shaping the attitudes of businesses. How will policy changes such as Brexit and Trump’s withdrawal of the US from the Trans-Pacific Partnership affect Australia and New Zealand?
In Canberra, Chris Riddell will deliver the Keynote Address as Australia's most sought after futurist, and an award-winning, industry-recognised keynote speaker on digital. A global trailblazer, Chris has worked for some of the largest and most successful companies in the world.
Panellists in Canberra are:
- Mark Cully, Chief Economist, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Michael Wesley, Professor of International Affairs and Dean of the College of Asia the Pacific at Australian National University
- Kirk Pengilly, Musician, best known as a member of INXS
- Kate Carnell, Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman
- Kieran Gilbert from Sky News will facilitate the discussion.
Panellists will discuss the impact of the transition to a knowledge economy on trade composition and how can new technologies and the growth in online platforms shape trade in the future?
We hope you are able to join us for this event.
Asialink Corporate Member/ Chairman’s Circle/ Leaders Program Participant/ Alumni / Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand Member - $35.00
Non Member: $45.00
Registrations close Friday 24 March 2017
To book click here.
For further information please contact Maeve Wood on 03 9035 8527 or firstname.lastname@example.org