Lieutenant Colonel Sir Ernest Edward "Weary" Dunlop, AC, CMG, OBE (12 July 1907 – 2 July 1993) was an Australian surgeon who was renowned for his leadership in Australia Asia relations.
The Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop Asia Awards program was established to:
- promote Sir Edward's vision for peace and prosperity in the region through people-to-people exchange and interaction;
- recognise and reward excellence and the potential for excellence in individuals committed to tangibly enhancing Australia-Asia relations; and
- establish and expand networks between a growing number of young Asia-skilled Australians in Australia and the region.
- The Sir Edward ‘Weary’ Dunlop Asialink Fellowship
An award given annually to a young Australian committed to making a lasting contribution to Australia-Asia relations. The Fellowship provides support to participants of the Asialink Leaders Program.
- The Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop Asialink Medal
Presented to an Australian who has shown long-term commitment to enhancing the quality of life in the region and improving Australia-Asia relations. Candidates for this award are nominated annually and the medal is awarded at the annual Dunlop Asialink Lecture.
- The Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop Asialink Lectures
Encourages eminent Australians and Asians to present their vision for Australia-Asia relations into the 21st century and to commemorate the life and vision of Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org